Monday, March 28, 2011

I find this... Disturbing...

Have you seen this article in the Southern?  Anheuser-Busch is buying Goose Island.  You can also read about it from the Anheuser-Busch webiste.  I thought this was an eventual outcome when AB started helping out with distribution back in 2006.  Is this a good thing or bad thing?

AB has said that the craft beer industry is just a fad.  They have helped out with some, in my opinion, bad craft beer.  Then from a different branch of the company, Michelob, they produce craft beer that has received average to slightly above average ratings.  Kind of hypocritical in my opinion.  But it's business.  So back in 2006 they start assisting in distribution for Goose Island.  It drives the sales up.  This might be a good thing.  However, they cannot keep up with production.  Instead of going the way of New Glarus or, apparently, Dogfish Head and just reduce distribution, the folks up at Fulton Street Brewery decide to further the partnership with AB.  Is this a good thing?  I'm not 100% sure.  This is one of those things we just have to wait and see.

     -Rev. Bobby Beerman

PS - I haven't forgotten about the class.  I'll bring that up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't take it personally but if I think a comment is inappropriate then I'm deleting it.