Monday, January 31, 2011

And so it begins...

You would think that a person who is a computer network engineer by day would embrace technology eagerly.  For some reason I'm not like that.  I have been sending out E-mails to a group of friends to let them know of events in the homebrewers group know as the CUF Monks.  At one point I had thought about blogging as a way to make it easier.  Recently, one of the members said, "It looks like a blog would be the perfect venue for these updates. And hey, they're free."  Thank you Grant.  That was the nudge that I needed. 

So, it is with a little hesitation that I finally enter the realm of blogging.  It sounds like something that belongs next door to the Bog of Eternal Stench.  I jest.  You'll get that a lot.  I don't really want to put too much here in the first post.  I'm just trying to get my feet wet. 

What is this blog going to be about?  Most importantly it will be about the activities of the homebrewers group that my friends of mine and I put together.  Are we the biggest in southern Illinois - no.  Is that our goal - no.  Our goal is to get together from time to time and brew some beer and... drink a few.  It takes beer to make beer!  I might also use it to highlight some of my beer efforts in the area and also some beer events.

I think that is enough for now.  There are times when the spirit moves me and I get a little long winded.  Any of the people on my normal E-mailing list can attest to this.  But for now, this will do.  There are lots of things going on but I will leave that for my second posting to this.

Go have a good, not so cold one.  If you like it, tell me about it.  There are many beers out there that I have yet to try (not many).  I'm always looking for something to try.

-Rev. Bobby Beerman
     Blessed be our brew!

PS. I will change the layout!!  I just clicked Preview and saw what it was like.  I have to change it!!  Maybe something nice and stout related. 

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world, Rev.! Looking forward to reading about some good new brews...

    ReplyDelete

Don't take it personally but if I think a comment is inappropriate then I'm deleting it.