Tuesday, February 1, 2011

It's Time...

I'm already getting a little flack (all be it in jest) about the quantity of my postings.  I mean, come on...  Only two days old and you expect me to have a blog that can rival Wikipedia?  In time... Maybe...

First of all a little business.  We are planning a brewing session at the Brewhouse ( Brother Charles' cabin) on the afternoon of Sunday, February 20th.  We will be working on at least two recipes.  I know Brother Charles wants to work on his porter and Sister Marika and I would like to work on a stout.  Two reasons why the brewing session isn't the 13th: 1) Valentine's day weekend and 2) the inaugural meeting of the Southern Illinois Brewers group at Kindling from 2:00pm - 5:00pm.  I know a lot of people are working at getting this new group off the ground and I wanted my fellow Monks to attend if they wanted to.  If you head out there, say hi to Larry from the Reverend. 

I feel that a couple of shout outs are in order.  A virtual tip of the cap to those who came before me and inspired me.  First of all, my mentor and friend in beer - the guy who taught me homebrewing at his house - Shawn Connelly but you know him as the Beer Philosopher.  You can check out his blog or his social network - the Aleuminati (of which I am a member).  Secondly, another kindred spirit in beer and a real joy to brew with - Marika Josephson.  You can find her blog here.  Lastly (for now) a brother in beer and the real deal when it comes to religion - Chris Tessone.  You can find him here.

Sorry to say but that's it for now.  I have other activities to get to this evening.  For those of you who are prodding me with the blogging cattle prod, there will be more to come.

-Rev. Bobby Beerman
     Blessed be our brew

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't take it personally but if I think a comment is inappropriate then I'm deleting it.