Sunday, October 14, 2012

He's still around??

Yes, I'm still around my beloved southern Illinois.  Not that long ago my voice graced the beer fest held in Hanger 9's parking lot.  I felt I needed to draw some attention to Mayor Joel Fritzler tapping a firkin (thanks Matt for the pic) and to try to boost sales for tickets for the Big Muddy Monster Brew Fest going on Saturday, October 20.





 (That's me there in the beer shirt.  The mayor is the one with beer on his shirt)

So, are beer fests on the rise?  You tell me.  49,000 in attendance.  Tickets selling out in 45 minutes. Is this some rock concert?  Heck no.  It's the Great American Beer Fest out in Denver.  580 breweries, 2,700 different beers, 36,000 gallons of beer!!  Oh my!!  You can read the details here on NPR. 

I hope to see many of the local beer people at the Big Muddy Monster Brew Fest next weekend where once again I will be giving the blessing of the beer.  I've been thinking and refining a blessing to make it sound actually... well... church like.  What do you expect from a Minister of Perpetual Consumption? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't take it personally but if I think a comment is inappropriate then I'm deleting it.