Sunday, March 20, 2011

That's the stuff...

Brother Charles brought some bottles to sample this morning to the Fellowship.  After a couple of sips I decided I had to try more than just a sip.  I had already planed on trying them today - one week after the bottling - and had a couple of bottles in the fridge.  The samples this morning cinched it!!  I'm surprised that I waited that long.  Both beers taste delightful.  We have a Robust Porter and an Irish Stout.  Both weigh in at roughly 4% ABV.  Some people would cry, "What a weak beer!!"  However, I feel that a good stout should be a social beer that you can drink all night long and not get totally drunk off your butt.  When I poured I got slightly better head retention off of the stout.  Both are good roasty beers that are flavorful.  Both are easy on the mouth and drinkable.  Given one of the beers I made (the first try at the Chocolate Chai Cream Stout), noting that a beer is drinkable is a major thing!! 

Now some of you fellow Monks or even some visitors might ask, "How can I try some of these beers?"  Well, for this batch you have to rely on the generosity of Brother Charles and myself - I think I'd be generous as I appreciate the feedback to make improvements on the next batch.  The better way is to show up to the sessions.  We believe in the little red hen principle - you get out what you put in.  If you help brew or bottle, you get some of the batch.  Simple as that.  Where I like sharing beer with my friends, I find the fellowship of the brewhaus to be deep and meaningful.  Brother Charles and Brother Chris I think would agree that it is fun to hang out with friends and drink some beer while making beer.  If you haven't already, try making it to a session and find out what it's all about.

Now, for the teaser...  More information about the pending class next time.  Until then...

Blessed be our brew!!!!
     Rev. Bobby Beerman

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't take it personally but if I think a comment is inappropriate then I'm deleting it.