Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Thus beginith the lesson...

Or at least the planning for a possible lesson.  Let me start at the beginning.

Back in October I started talking with the Co-Op on the possibilities of a beer brewing class.  I had liked to have it in conjunction to Learn to Homebrew Day.  I was told that I would be followed up with the following week.  Nothing.  I reached out to them.  There was some concern about having alcohol at the event.  I indicated that we didn't have to have beer there.  I also pointed out that until the yeast has time to convert the sugars to alcohol then there will be no alcohol for anyone to complain about.  Again, I was told that I would be followed up with the following week.  Again nothing.  After going round and round more than a couple of times I decided that they would contact me if they wanted it to happen and to not push the subject. 

However, I was speaking with another member of the Co-Op at their Harvest Picnic.  I'm not using his name because I'm not sure if he wants me to.  Regardless, he told me that if the class didn't work out at the Co-Op then he had an alternate venue.  Well, recently I saw him at the Co-Op and started the conversation.  He still likes the idea of the class.  We are aiming for spring - sometime in April - for the class to happen.  We both feel that there are people out there wanting to homebrew but are hesitant for whatever reason - uncertain about the process, ingredients, equipment, etc. We hope to be able to show interested people that it isn't really complicated and can be really fun.

Anyway, more on this as the day approaches.  Now, to spend more time on my other project...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't take it personally but if I think a comment is inappropriate then I'm deleting it.